Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Nameless


Nameless is that darkness which hides in the corner of the soul.
Where does it come from?
Where does it go when the light of a smile seems to reach 
the heart?
Perhaps it goes nowhere.
Perhaps darkness can survive the light,
though light seems to perish entirely in the dark.
I fear closing my eyes.
I fear the darkness that lies there,
darker with every flutter of the lashes,
but sleep comes.

The silence in the darkness whispers softly throughout the night.
Where does it come from?
Who's whispers are those that cling 
to the wings of laughter and stick like burs in the soul?
Likely, they are hers.
The person I was meant to become,
the hidden truth in the back of my own mind fighting 
for freedom.
I fear the silence,
I hear the echo of the dark,
Louder with every shallow breath,
But it comes.

Intangible is the emptiness of my own mind.
Darkness and silence thrive in the emptiness 
that swallows her,
Engulfed in a whirl of fire and ice and nothing, 
she screams.
The person I wish I was.
This is not her world.
This world, illuminated by the sun and full of people,
still somehow is full of dark and quiet.
It is empty.
It always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment