Friday, May 3, 2013

The Black T-Shirt Phenomenon

I find it interesting how a simple black T-shirt instantly
makes a person more attractive. One that fits
without squeezing, dripping off the body
ever so subtly without drowning it in
cotton. A T-shirt covers, so one
is decent, but does not mask.
I can see who you are
while wearing it, and
you can see me,
but you still
only see
what
I want you
to see.
It is perfect.
It is not too perfect.
There are no ornaments
to cast implications on your body,
no colors to distract from your expression.
The black T-shirt frames the colors existing already
in your skin. There is a cleanliness about the lint-free blanket
keeping the mystery warm. And the v-line frames my neck, that stretches
in anticipation of the lips that may find it, just above the outline of my black T-shirt.

1 comment:

  1. Who knew that a plain simple black t-shirt could so accurately describe the 'almost perfect' men we love. Simple, real, and comforting.

    ReplyDelete