Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera

I want him to catch me
singing and dancing
while doing dishes
and immediately lift me up onto the counter 
so his lips can touch mine,
etcetera 

I want to see him
under the hood of my car
all dirty, with a furrowed brow,
and become immediately filled with a need 
to press my lips to his
etcetera

I want to use his belly as a pillow
as I read
and he plays video games,
and live in that peace

I want to roughhouse
when I get bored and restless
and tease each other, laugh together
and drive each other crazy, but only in the best way

I want to hold his head to my heart
when he is not okay,
I want him to hold me silently
when I am not okay

I want to find him beautiful,
from the angles of his face
to the way he walks 
to the way he thinks

I want him to love me
more than anything,
and I want him to love our kids even more

I've tried
accepting less than this kind of
comfortable passion
but I can't live without it
I can't love without it

etcetera

No comments:

Post a Comment