Thursday, September 4, 2014

Across the Yard

     "HallooOOOoo!"
  He calls from across the yard.
A smile cracks my frozen features
A hug from a curly-haired savior
  wearing pull-ups
thaws me.
  He speaks.
     "Look at all the flowers on the trees Miss Meghan! There's so many and and and they're all falling down        and they're in my hair and they're in Miss ____'s hair and look they're in ____'s hair too! All the flowers      are falling out of the trees cause it's windy Miss Meghan! Can you see them?!"
Yes, That's wonderful. Yes I see them.
  He keeps talking.
     "The flowers are even stuck to my boots Miss Meghan!"
  He slowly releases a giggle
   that reminds me of a river
   coming through a crack in the dam.
     "Are you wearing boots today Miss Meghan?! Your shoes look like they're boots cause they're all one          color - yea they're all one color."
   He runs off to play.
  He keeps talking.
I keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment