Friday, March 7, 2014

Reaching

I walked today
along a path
green on both sides,
and full of life.
As I walked
I noticed
two trees with branches
stretched over the path
reaching towards one another
twisting and curling in such a way
you couldn't see the end of one branch
and the start of another.
They were beautiful in their desperation
and they pulled at something deep within me.
I felt a tug on my soul as I was reminded of the loneliness of being human.
Born with only half of ourselves we spend so many years just reaching;
Reaching for someone to hold onto
Reaching for the other half of ourselves
Reaching for something to fill the hole inside ourselves
Reaching for someone to love
I saw the pain of ever-reaching in the gnarled branches of those beautiful, desperate trees that lined the green path
on the way I walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment