Sunday, December 8, 2013

Unspoken

Three simple words,
one syllable each,
the entire phrase only costs
one
breath

and yet, not spoken,
not yet. Have patience,
the words will come.
I feel them. Bursting forth
like tears, or an overdue
breath.

I can't be the first.
I must not speak them,
not yet, I am patient.
Yet they hover behind my eyes
for one to see,
They scream in my head,
joyously, and without
breath,

but I can't think loud enough
and my mouth won't say them
not yet, I must be patient.
My body sends the words
in every touch,
in every kiss,
in every
breath

they're there,
three simple words
one syllable each.
Dangerous, powerful
terrifying
and God do I feel them,
in every moment, in every thought,
in every touch,
in every
breath.

I can't say them.
not yet. I must be patient.

1 comment: